Our Salad CSA is probably a good fit for you if…
- After a long winter of eating bland grocery store “fresh” produce, you long for locally grown, delicious veggies.
- You love having lots of greens on hand for cooking, juicing, or making smoothies and big salads.
- Local is important to you; you want to know your Farmers and how they grew your food.
- You want to be one of the first customers to get your hands on ARNKA Cheese.
How does it work?
Our CSA will run for 4 weeks, starting the first week in May. Each member will receive 4 baskets of salad greens and ARNKA cheese handcrafted by Farmer Rachel. Our goal is to provide members with our earliest spring produce, reminding them of how gratifying it is to eat local veggies.
What's included in the shares?
Each share will include 1-1/4 pound bags of salad greens, 1-1/4 pound bag of baby greens, 1 artisan ARNKA cheese, and 1 additional salad mix-in. The items will vary each week to ensure you don't grow tired of eating the same thing. Greens will include our famous Mixed Salad Greens, leaf lettuce, spinach, arugula, kale, and tatsoi. Possible salad mix-ins are radishes, turnips, carrots, eggs, and green onions. The ARNKA cheeses can be grated to top your salad, sliced and melted for a sandwich, or even eaten plain (we promise not to tell if you do).
How do I get my basket?
Salad Shares are available at Farm Pick Ups on Tuesdays (3:30-6PM). We have found members enjoy coming to the Farm in spring to see the first crops growing and to play with the newborn baby animals. Think of it as a weekly escape from the real world where you can relax and breathe in the fresh country air. (Just make sure you aren't standing too close to the compost pile!)
Too busy to come to the Farm? We offer a Drop Off option for NO ADDITIONAL COST. Drop Offs are currently available in Dike on Wednesday afternoons and Grundy Center on Thursday afternoons.
How much does it cost?
A 2018 Salad Share costs $50 (only $12.50/week). A deposit of $25 is required to reserve your spot with the remainder due April 1, 2018.
How do I sign up?
- Fill out the online registration
- Submit your $25 deposit
- Receive your confirmation email